PAGES

21/01/2016

JOB DESCRIPTION


A while ago someone suggested that all us carer’s should write down what we do. Basically a job description, which I thought was a good idea and it’s not until you write it all down that you realize how much you actually do as a carer.
A while back I had to write down and explain everything I do for @raspberrytalk for a letter I had to write in support of him to get his DLA. It surprised me how much I actually do and how many of the things I do without realizing I do them (sounds strange I know but it’s true). For example, making sure that @raspberrytalk does not drift into a road/person when walking.
Also, while writing the letter, it made me see that I do things that I never thought I'd ever be able to do. Which also made me realize how much being a carer has changed me. It’s made me stronger and more assertive when I needed to be; I’m normally not an assertive person but, when it comes to being a carer, I am. Sometimes I read my old blog entries and think I'm reading about someone else entirely. I’m sure other carers will be able to relate.

JOB TITLE: Carer
DESCRIPTION: Looking after the physical and mental health and well
being of @raspberrytalk.
DUTIES:
  • Administering First Aid when required.
  • Administering Medication
  • Assist with getting in and out of bed
  • Assist with dressing and undressing
  • Assist with personal care and hygiene
  • Offer mental stability and point of focus when required
  • Lift off floor after a fall or seizure
  • Assist with walking
  • Watch for changes in behaviour and act accordingly
  • Maintain a safe environment  
  • Take care of nutritional needs
  • Provide encouragement with simple tasks
  • General house work including making beds, tidying,
  • washing up, laundry and cooking meals. 
  • Assist with feeding when required
  • Take to appointments and chaperone
  • Collect medications
  • Help with completing forms
  • Managing finances

I have probably forgotten loads of things, but this is all I can think of at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment